Multivista 3D Images enhances our standard 2D images with a 3D imaging device that allows real-time, professional grade, in-picture 3D measurement. By enabling precise measurement of three dimensions on a 2D photo, it bridges the gap between overly simple, inaccurate techniques (tape measure, estimation) and accurate, but more expensive and complex data capture methods (laser scanning).
The images are captured by using a unique combination of a calibrated stereo-camera, advanced algorithms, and real-time edge computing fused with leading Electronic Distance Measurement (EDM) technology. Multivista photographers use the BLK3D, a unique device developed by our sister company Leica Geosystems, in order to capture the measurable images of your job site. The BLK3D imager leverages the well-known science of photogrammetry to enable the user to take a picture, and subsequently measure anything in that picture.
Multivista 3D Images can be as accurate as 3mm under optimum conditions, with typical accuracy between 5-10mm when applied to the real world scenarios that Multivista captures. The accuracy of 3D images in-picture measurement is influenced by four variables:
- Distance to the object being measured.
- The baseline between the 3D images used to calculate the measurement points.
- The orientation of the camera to the object being measured.
- Light conditions, structure, and texture of the object.
To measure a 3D Image within the MDS, access the Measurement Tools available in the Photo Viewer. By using the cross hairs, a line can be measured from one point to another. Customize the name of the measurement, color, visibility, and privacy. Share the measurement by printing, emailing, saving, or exporting the information to a partner platform.
3D Images allow for precise measurements at your fingertips. Share images and measurements in multiple formats with near-perfect accuracy.
- ACCURACY OF THE MEASUREMENTS AVAILABLE WITH THIS OFFERING VARY DEPENDING UPON FACTORS INCLUDING DISTANCE FROM THE OBJECT, BASELINE LENGTH, TEXTURE OF OBJECT, LIGHT CONDITIONS, TEMPERATURE, CALIBRATION AND OTHER FACTORS. MULTIVISTA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE THAT ANY PHOTOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTATION WILL HAVE NECESSARY CONDITIONS TO ALLOW FOR PRECISE MEASUREMENT CALCULATIONS.
- MEASUREMENTS ARE ACTUALLY PERFORMED BY CLIENT WITHIN MDS USING THE MEASURABLE 3D IMAGE PHOTOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTATION. MULTIVISTA HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MEASUREMENT ERRORS OR ERRONEOUS CALCULATIONS AS A RESULT OF SUCH MEASUREMENT ERRORS.
- MEASUREMENTS AVAILABLE WITH THIS OFFERING, ARE INTENDED TO BE FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY. MULTIVISTA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS CONFIRMING THE ACCURACY OF ALL SUCH MEASURMENTS AND CALCULATIONS ON SITE PRIOR TO RELYING ON THE SAME.